Monday, May 10, 2010

REstyle


There are many reasons why I can't share with you the current project I'm working on, so here is a similar project I worked on last summer. It was a lot more labor than I anticipated.


Stripping off the old varnish.
Sanding, sanding and more sAnDiNg.
Discovering that a little stain goes a long way.
Details, details and more dEtAiLs.
AND... Goo-be-gone is a miracle when you spill staining liquid all over yourself.


It was quite an adventure!
And worth the man hours and elbow grease to see the finished product.


Refinishing and reupholstering everything in sight (desks, chairs, bookshelves, coffee tables, dressers, night stands) has become an unusual hobby of mine. I've never thought of myself as much of a handy-woman, but if I keep up this pace, I might have to start charging people... or open an Etsy shop.

(special thanks to mr. rob robinson for this lovely piece of history!)

1 comment:

  1. You should come home and do this to my dresser. kthx.

    ReplyDelete