Friday, May 21, 2010

for your listening pleasure


I love stumbling onto new music, especially those unknown youtube legends. I came across Kiersten Holine (click her name for the link) three years ago while looking for some Decemberists covers for a midterm study mix. She has a beautiful voice, soulful and effortless. And picks the greatest songs to cover! her version of Sufjan's "Springfield" is arguable one of the best.

Jeff Pianki is another one I ran into a few days ago due to his collaboration with Kiersten Holine on a Fleet Foxes cover (again, click the underlined parts) Who doesn't love boys with guitars?! He has some impressive original tunes, but make sure to check out his Sufjan/Rosie Thomas cover he did with his 5 year old sister! Precious. He also did a cover of a Death Cab for Cutie song and had this to say about it, which made me like him even more!

"I love this song, and I love this band, no matter how many times I hear 12 year old girls singing "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"

Enjoy!
(rosie thomas - my inspiration for instant gratification)

p.s. to all my pioneering music friends - my computer recently crashed and took my entire music library down with it. :( I'm in the process of building it back up, but could use some encouragement. Let me know some of your must-have albums... mixed tapes are also appreciated! (I have some great/grape expectations of a certain handful of you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment