Wednesday, May 5, 2010

31 flavors


Here is a clip from a recent conversation that will give you more insight on my reasoning behind this endeavor...

J: So you're a blogger now, eh?

E: I guess, but I don't like the connotation that comes with the label.

J: It sounds pretentious... and dorky. And "Grape Expectations" sounds like something you'd find at Baskin Robbins.

E:Ha! You're right, or a Jamba Juice creation. It's supposed to be a pun on how things usually don't go the way we plan them to. How we have such grandiose expectations of ourselves and our lives, who we "should" be and what we "should" be doing. It's about not making plans too far in advance cause there will always be curve balls thrown at us. Sh*t happens and there's nothing we can do about it.

J: That sounds depressing... and pessimistic. I'm not gonna read it.

E: Well I admit I'm a bit stubborn sometimes... and a skeptic, but it's going to be about how really... our lives are full of irony and if we can find the humor in it, we'll be much better off. Just goin' with the flow, smelling the roses. We're so fixated on our end points that we don't enjoy getting there. LIFE happens when we're making plans.

J: I see, that's better.

E: So whether life's curve balls are karma, coincidence or divine intervention, they're gonna keep coming, so we might was well make peace with them.

J: Thanks a heap Buddha.

E: Plus... Grapes = Wine = Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment